Write for The Juggle: our guest contributor guidelines
Interested in sharing your perspective on The Juggle? Fantastic. Here’s what you need to know.
Do this first
- Read The Juggle to get a sense of our voice and the topics we cover. We value vulnerability and candor above all else. We also love the details of how you did and experienced things. Check out Sarah’s “How I changed careers in 8 months” for an example.
How to submit
- If you have an idea you’d like to discuss with us before writing a draft, email us at email@example.com.
- If you already have a draft, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: We tend to prefer 1,000-1,500-word articles but are open to shorter or longer articles.
- Include the phrase, “I’ve read your guest contributor guidelines,” in your email.
How we edit
- One of us will work with you on editing, publishing and promoting your article.
- We’ll go through at least two rounds of editing with you and will build that into our proposed timeline for publishing your article.
- We use AP style. It would be great if you could too.
- Writing quality is very important to us. We have a lot of experience writing and may edit your article heavily to make it as strong as possible. It’s not personal!
Other things to consider
- At The Juggle, we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment. Whatever your chosen gender pronoun, you’re welcome in our community. Our goal is to connect and boost women and other marginalized groups. Because of the underrepresentation of female and gender nonconforming authors, we’re currently focused on promoting them.
- You retain the rights to your writing. If you decide to republish elsewhere, we’ll ask you to acknowledge you published with us by including the link. If you want to republish something on The Juggle that you’ve published elsewhere, please link to the original article.
- We’ll share what you publish on the The Juggle via our newsletter and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- We do not accept guest articles from advertisers. If you’re interested in sponsoring an article for your product or service, email us at email@example.com to discuss.
- We’re still growing and unfortunately do not have the resources to compensate contributors at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!